Easter is around the corner, and there is nothing better than a healthy Easter meal with a delectable dessert. Not all desserts have to be chocolate, candy-based or Easter egg desserts. Some desserts can be healthier. When planning your Easter dinner, this is one of my best Easter baking recipes that you might find refreshing for the holiday season:
Ingredients for Lemon Bar Recipe
For the Crust:
- Granulated Sugar or Stevia Substitute (One-Fourth Cup)
- Butter or Stick Margarine (Three Tablespoons, Softened)
- All-Purpose Flour (One Cup)
Ingredients for Topping:
- Large Eggs (Three)
- Granulated Sugar or Stevia (Three-Fourth Cup)
- Grated Lemon Rind (Two Teaspoons)
- Fresh Lemon Juice (One-Third Cup)
- All-Purpose Flour (Three Tablespoons)
- Baking Powder (One-Half Teaspoon)
- Salt (One-Eighth)
- Powdered Sugar (Two Teaspoons)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the crust by beating one-fourth cup of granulated sugar and the butter at a medium speed with a mixer.
- Then, gradually pour one cup of flour into the mixture.
- Beat the mixture at low speed. The mixture will resemble fine crumbs.
- Press the mixture in an eight-inch square baking pan.
- Bake the crust for 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then, cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the eggs at medium speed until they are stiff.
- Add three-fourth cup granulated sugar to the mixture.
- Then, add the grated lemon rind, lemon juice, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat the mixture until it is well-blended.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake the dessert at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on the wire rack.
- Sift the powdered sugar and sprinkle it over the top.
Make Easter Desserts and Delight Your Easter Guests
Make Easter desserts kids love and delight your Easter guests with this incredible recipe. It is healthy and also tasty for the holiday. If you want to reduce the sugar, try natural Stevia. This will make the recipe healthier and more desirable for people with certain health conditions. Try this recipe and serve lemon squares with berries for a healthier twist. Enjoy your Easter dessert and holiday.